New telehealth program management tools, connected device integrations, and HL7 capabilities add to the company’s growing list of hybrid care innovations purpose-built to help healthcare organizations increase efficiency while improving patient and clinician experience.
EATONTOWN, NJ (October 30, 2023) – Caregility, an enterprise telehealth leader connecting care for patients and clinicians everywhere, announces the release of new capabilities as part of the company’s highly anticipated Cares 2.0 software series. The Cares 2.0 software enhancements introduce new telehealth program and device fleet management capabilities, peripheral device integrations, and interoperability standard options for more than 75 leading health systems that depend on Caregility Cloud™ (Best in KLAS virtual care platform; 2021, 2022, and 2023) to deliver their virtual care programs.
“Cares 2.0 marks the latest step in our unrelenting pursuit of virtual care applications that help healthcare teams improve process efficiency and positively impact care quality,” said Kedar Ganta, Caregility’s Chief Product and Engineering Officer. “We continue to explore new boundaries to offer patients and care teams innovative ways to transform inpatient care delivery in today’s changing landscape.”
Caregility Cloud™ customers can now:
- Leverage HL7 and Smart on FHIR interoperability to seamlessly share patient demographic data between the EHR’s admission, discharge, and transfer (ADT) system and virtual care programs to save time and protect data integrity.
- Enable virtual encounters between patients and remote caregivers via a wider range of Interactive Patient Console (IPC) systems to offer easy bedside access to remote support and improve patient engagement.
- Bring connected care devices such as digital stethoscopes into virtual care sessions to enhance what clinicians can assess remotely in inpatient, outpatient, and home settings.
- Create virtual breakout rooms for various clinical workflows, including educational sessions with a large number of participants.
- Use the new Program List feature to centrally manage virtual observation programs and easily transfer patient observation session data during virtual sitter and virtual nurse shift changes to save time and avoid redundant data entry in iObserver.
- Run batch operations to temporarily suspend endpoint system notifications to simplify device fleet management during planned maintenance and offline activities.
- Generate insightful program utilization reports to cost-justify and inform virtual care program expansion plans.
The Cares 2.0 software enhancements add to Caregility’s unprecedented ecosystem of integrated virtual care offerings that empower healthcare organizations to implement telehealth programs tailored to their specific needs and use cases. Meanwhile, the company also continues its work to bring embedded AI capabilities into virtual clinical workflows through new Augmented Observation and Vitals Trending offerings.
The new capabilities build on the company’s award-winning solutions for virtual consults, continuous patient observation, virtual nursing, and more. The Caregility Cloud™ virtual care platform encompasses purpose-built telehealth endpoints, clinically vetted virtual engagement applications, sophisticated device fleet management and program administration, and an unparalleled array of innovation and service provider partners, all underpinned by reliable, cloud-based telehealth trusted by leading health systems.
Caregility is dedicated to connecting patients and clinicians everywhere with its Caregility Cloud™ virtual care platform. Awarded the Best in KLAS Virtual Care Platform (non-EMR) in 2021, 2022, and 2023, Caregility Cloud™ powers a purpose-built ecosystem of enterprise telehealth solutions across the care continuum. Caregility provides secure, reliable, and HIPAA-compliant audio and video communication designed for any device and clinical workflow, in both acute and ambulatory settings. Today Caregility supports more than 1,000 hospitals across over 75 health systems with over six million virtual care sessions hosted annually. From critical and acute, to urgent and emergent, to post-acute and ambulatory, as well as hospital-at-home, Caregility is connecting care everywhere. Follow Caregility on LinkedIn and Twitter at @caregility or learn more at www.caregility.com.
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications