Caregility Product End of Life (EOL) Policy
Caregility is continually striving to bring new solutions and features to market that help our customers address their most pressing telehealth needs. Associated with the continuing life cycle of product innovation, we will on occasion discontinue the sale of certain products and the services related to those products (“End of Life”). To assist our customers in transitioning from legacy products to newer technology and next generation solutions, Caregility has established the End-of-Life Policy set forth below:
Caregility’s End of Life Policy (“Policy”) applies to our APS devices and associated software and services, including subscriptions, and any offers that combine any of the foregoing. This Policy applies to EOL notifications made on or after July 1, 2022.
When Caregility announces plans to begin the End of Life (EOL) process for a product:
- Caregility continues to provide software maintenance including bug fixes and, whenever possible, for five years following the end of sale.
- Caregility continues to provide technical support for the product for three years following the end of sale.
End of Life (EOL) Process
The Caregility EOL process begins with the End-of-Life announcement and involves the following major milestones, which are illustrated below:
- End of Sale: The last date a Caregility Product can be delivered by Caregility. During the period between End-of-Life announcement and End of Sale (typically 90 days), orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to availability of inventory.
- End of Software Maintenance: The last date that Caregility issues maintenance releases or bug fixes for a Caregility Product. After this date, Caregility will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test new software versions for the Product.
- End of Support: The last date customers can receive service and support for a Caregility Product, such as hardware repair and replacement, and phone and email support. Once a Caregility Product has reached End of Support, the Product will be considered End of Life and will not be repaired, replaced, or otherwise supported. Contracts will not be allowed to be renewed past the end of support date.
End of Life Announcement
Caregility typically issues an End-of-Life announcement at least 90 days prior to the End of Sale date. This announcement specifies the affected product, its End of Sale date, its End of Software Maintenance date, and its End of Support date. In some cases, the period may be less than 90 days, including if Caregility makes available a substitute product with similar or better functionality, form factor, and features at a similar or lower price point.
End of Sale
Upon End of Sale:
- The affected Caregility Product will be removed from the Caregility ordering system and will no longer be generally available for purchase from Caregility.
- Customers may continue to purchase or renew applicable software licenses until End of Support.
End of Software Maintenance
After the End of Sale date, Caregility will continue to ensure that any generally available Anchor Releases are compatible with the Caregility Product until the End of Software Maintenance. An Anchor release is a release that has been designated an Anchor by a Caregility Product Bulletin. For more information, please refer to the Caregility Software Maintenance Policy. During the time between the End of Sale date and the End of Software Maintenance of a Caregility Product, Non-Anchor Releases may not be compatible with the Caregility Product.
End of Support
The End of Support date for a Caregility Product is typically 60 months following the End of Sale date. Customers may purchase support services after the End of Sale date to obtain services through the End of Support date.
Caregility will make support services available for affected Caregility Products until the applicable End of Support date. For products that are covered under warranty or an applicable Caregility support service plan, Caregility will provide support and maintenance services as listed in Caregility’s Service Handbook and according to the effective customer service plan.
Changes to Caregility’s End of Life Policy
Although every effort will be made to support End of Life products in accordance with our End-of-Life Policy, Caregility reserves the right to change its Policy as it deems appropriate. We will announce any changes to the End-of-Life Policy through the Caregility Website.