Caregility Announces Release of Version 1.6 of the UHE Virtual Care Platform
The release includes new iConsult Desktop and iConsult Bedside apps along with new features to boost telehealth workflow flexibility.
Eatontown, N.J. – July 28, 2020 – Caregility, a clinical collaboration and communications company moving the access point of care closer to the patient, announces the release of version 1.6 of its patented UHETM telehealth platform. Caregility’s UHE platform is a comprehensive, HIPAA-compliant visual communications system that connects all patient and clinician environments into one universal service. Attached to the service are Caregility’s Access Point of Care Systems (APS), which are healthcare purpose-built, two-way, video-enabled devices that can be portable or mounted on a wall or cart, enabling the point of care to be anywhere the patient is located.
The UHE 1.6 release brings several new features and product enhancements to the virtual care platform, including:
- iConsult Desktop webapp, which provides the ability to initiate calls from desktop computers to APSs as well as other desktop computers and mobile devices.
- iConsult Bedside, a patient-facing application that turns a mobile device (iOS and Android) at the patient bedside into a UHE APS enables remote clinicians to communicate on demand with a patient or bedside staff. The app also offers patients options to request a video consult with clinicians and to initiate a video visit with loved ones without the need for a staff member to enter the room, thereby minimizing risk to caregivers working in COVID-19 environments.
- Enhancements to the iObserver user interface designed to increase ease-of-use and efficiency.
- New pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) camera control functionality in iConsult Mobile, which includes access to the mobile device’s front and back cameras.
- New control protocol integrations to enable compatibility with more third-party PTZ cameras.
“We are excited to add new applications that help expand the flexibility of our UHE platform, allowing us to provide new workflows that include patient-facing tools,” said Sudhir Ahuja, SVP of Product Development at Caregility. “The release also brings new features and enhancements that help shape our iObserver and iConsult applications to meet the everchanging requirements of telehealth.”
Learn more at www.caregility.com.
Caregility (www.caregility.com) is a clinical collaboration and communications company moving the access point of care closer to the patient. Leveraging over eight years of experience in clinical environments, Caregility’s core telehealth offering, the UHE Platform, is a purpose-built ecosystem for the entire healthcare continuum. The UHE Platform provides secure, reliable two-way audio and video communication designed for any device and clinical workflow, in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Today, Caregility supports more than 2 million video sessions annually and has deployed over 9,000 access points of care systems across the US. From critical and acute, to urgent and emergent, to post-acute and ambulatory, and to the home, Caregility is helping transform the delivery of patient care everywhere. Follow Caregility on Twitter @caregility.